Cutting-Edge Science Covering All Aspects of Pain
The APS Scientific Meeting features discoveries in science from renowned experts in the field.
For nearly 40 years, the APS Scientific Meeting has been the best place for professionals from all disciplines in pain come together. From psychology, neurobiology, and anesthesiology to pain medicine and nursing, you can meet and learn from experts working at all levels of research and treatment who are actively improving the field of pain management.
With 60-minute, cross-disciplinary panels and 30-minute presentations, the Scientific Meeting offers a variety of formats to highlight the scientific innovations for combating the opioid epidemic. Register by January 31, 2019, to save.
Come for the science. Stay for the community.
The Scientific Meeting is the best place for you to make lasting connections and get up-to-date on the latest advancements in the field. Earn up to 19.5 hours of continuing education credit in sessions on a wide variety of topics, such as
- Multimodal Contributors to the Negative Impact of Pain Catastrophizing
- Studying Headache from Mouse to Human: New Mechanistic Insights and Novel Translational Models
- New Insights in the Peripheral Role of Neuropeptides in Pain States
- Translational Models for Investigation of Non-Opioid Based Pain Therapies for Sickle Cell Disease
- Targeting the Mu-Delta Opioid Receptor Heterodimer to Enhance Opioid Therapy and Treat Opioid Use Disorders
- Resolution of Pain and Inflammation/Neuroinflammation by Non-Neuronal Cells and Non-Pharmacological Treatments: Preclinical and Translational Studies
- Fibromyalgia + Opioids? Unraveling the Neurobiological Effects of Opioids in Chronic Pain Using Neuroimaging.
Attend these special events throughout the conference that will grow your knowledge and connect you to esteemed pain researchers.
- Spring Pain
- Early Career Forum
- Basic Science Dinner
- Clinical and Basic Science Data Blitz
- Innovations in Pain Management: A Fundamental Course
- Women in Leadership Panel
What’s on Tap in Milwaukee?
Milwaukee is known for its developed park system and historic brewing traditions. Come to sample the local fare, shop in the Milwaukee Public Market, or see the Grand Necklace of Parks, designed by Frederick Law Olmstead while you catch up with colleagues and enjoy your trip.
Book your hotel with APS to get a special rate on your stay at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, the hotel connected to our conference venue.