Translational Science Impacting the Treatment of Pain
The APS Scientific Meeting features updates in the treatment of pain from renowned experts in the field.
For nearly 40 years, the APS Scientific Meeting has been the best place for professionals from all disciplines in pain to come together. From psychology, neurobiology, and anesthesiology to pain medicine and nursing, you can meet and learn from experts working at all levels of research and treatment who are actively improving the field.
With 60-minute, cross-disciplinary panels and 30-minute presentations, this year’s sessions bring you cutting-edge science and best practices for pain management. Register by January 31, 2019, to save.
Come for the education. Stay for the community.
The Scientific Meeting is the best place to make lasting connections and get up-to-date on the latest in pain management from experts in the field. Earn up to 19.5 hours of continuing education credit in sessions on a wide variety of topics, such as
- Reducing the Cognitive Demands of Psychosocial Treatment for Chronic Pain
- Nonpharmacological Interventions for Chronic Pain across the Lifespan
- Patient-Centered Opioid Tapering: Translating the Science of Placebo and Nocebo for Pain Relief and Successful Opioid Reduction
- How Grassroots Communication Outreach can Influence Policy
- Big Clinical Data as the Basic Staple of Learning Health Systems: Delivery of Best Pain Care at Lower Cost
- Novel Complementary Interventions: Controlling Pain through Vision, Audition, and Touch
Attend these special events throughout the conference that will grow your knowledge and connect you to esteemed pain practitioners.
- Early Career Forum
- Innovations in Pain Management: A Fundamental Course
- Women in Leadership Panel
What’s on Tap in Milwaukee?
Milwaukee is known for its developed park system and historic brewing traditions. Come sample the local fare, shop in the Milwaukee Public Market, or see the Grand Necklace of Parks, designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, while you catch up with colleagues and enjoy your trip.
Book your hotel with APS to get a special rate on your stay at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, the hotel connected to our conference venue.