Late-Breaking Call for Poster Abstracts Opens Jan. 2!
The submittal system will remain open from January 2, 2019 to January 17, 2019. The system will close at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on January 17 and additional submissions will not be accepted.
Primary authors will be notified in late January of 2019 regarding selection of their abstracts. The Scientific Program Committee has decided not to include oral paper presentations on the program for the Scientific Meeting. Only poster abstracts will be accepted via this system for the 2019 meeting.
Important Information about Submission and Issues Related to Copyright
Poster abstracts previously presented or published may not be submitted to APS without modification. Data must be updated or expanded, resulting in a new abstract. This includes abstracts presented at the Society for Neuroscience meeting.
Authors should not submit an abstract to multiple publishers. The abstract submitted to APS should not be submitted to any other organization.
The primary author will be asked to sign an Abstract Submission Agreement which confirms that the primary author agrees to grant APS unrestricted, irrevocable permission to publish the abstract in printed material and in an online searchable database.
APS expects that the primary author will present original data at the meeting is the abstract is accepted for inclusion in the APS proceedings. APS reserves the right to withdraw the abstract if it is published or presented elsewhere prior to the APS meeting. The primary author retains the abstract's copyright, and anyone who contacts APS wishing to use the abstract after the APS meeting will be instructed to contact the primary author for permission.
- Continuing Education credit is now available for posters. Abstracts that submit educational objectives will be eligible for CE. Any abstracts that do not submit objectives will not be eligible.
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words and images are NOT allowed.
- Authors should not denote specific categories such as "Introduction," "Methods," and "Conclusion" (etc.) in the body of the abstract. The abstract should appear in one fluid paragraph.
- If you must cite a reference, please do so at the end of your abstract using the following format: author name, publication name, and year of publication, e.g., (Smith, J Pain, 2002).
- If the author(s) received any funding/industry support for the research presented in the abstract, or will receive support for the preparation of poster materials, a clear acknowledgement of support should be included at the end of the abstract, e.g., Supported by a grant from ABC Pharmaceuticals.
- Industry-sponsored Posters: Posters presented by Industry professionals will require company sponsorship. Industry-sponsored posters will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Upon approval, you will receive an invoice.
- Abstracts must be scientific and not designed as a sales pitch.
- If you are an APS early career member, whose poster is accepted, you are eligible to apply for the Young Investigator Travel Award. You may apply for the award within the abstract submission portal.
Meeting Registration Guidelines for Presenters
Posters will be presented on Thursday and Friday, April 4-5. Posters will not be 'turned' as in prior years; ALL posters will remain on display for the duration of the poster and exhibit hours. Author-attended poster sessions will occur on Thursday and Friday. Presentation times will be assigned at the time the abstract is accepted; authors cannot request a specific presentation date/time. Prior to submission of the abstract, at least one author must agree to attend the APS meeting and to participate as the poster presenter. The designated presenter must be named as the primary author or as a co-author on the original abstract/study. APS will not waive the registration fee for presenters. Presenters are responsible for all personal expenses (e.g., travel, hotel) and for conference registration fees. Presenters must register for at least the day they present. Presenters are encouraged to register for the meeting and to reserve hotel accommodations as early as possible to ensure that space is available.
Policy on Commercial Support
Presentations must avoid commercialism and should conform to accreditation standards for commercial support. Presentations that constitute promotion and advertising will not be accepted, including pervasive or inappropriate use of logos. No company product information may be displayed or disseminated in conjunction with the presentation. If the author(s) received any funding for this research, a clear acknowledgement of support should be included in the abstract, e.g. Supported by a grant from ABC Pharmaceuticals.
Poster submissions will be reviewed and rated by members of the Scientific Program Committee who have expertise in the research or clinical area to which the submission belongs. Each submission will be reviewed for its scientific or clinical importance, ethical practice, and study design.
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection of Submissions
Only primary authors on poster submissions will be notified (by email) of their abstract's acceptance or rejection. Hard copy letters will not be sent in the mail; the email will be the only confirmation sent to primary authors.
Please contact APS if you need assistance with your submission. 847-375-47153 Our staff is available to assist you Monday - Friday from 8 am - 6 pm Central Time.