The ultimate multidisciplinary pain conference
#APS2018 is the place where science meets treatment
If you're passionate about pain science and management, this meeting is for you. The APS annual meeting is the forum for clinicians, researchers, nurses, psychologists, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals to meet with leaders in the pain community who are translating research into relief, take advantage of continuing education credits, and gain insight on important topics in pain science.
As the United States' premier pain meeting, the American Pain Society's Scientific Summit is a unique forum for sharing advances and standards in evidence-based pain research and treatment from all disciplines in pain in a setting that encourages interaction between scientists and clinicians. This meeting allows you to
- Interact with the best and brightest in pain research
- Translate scientific discoveries into clinical practice
- Connect with collaborators across settings and disciplines at numerous networking events, including shared interest group meetings and the opening reception with exhibits and posters
- Raise questions, debate the implications, plan follow-up studies, and discuss results
- Discuss your own research and clinical observations
- Meet with hundreds of poster presenters to learn about their innovative work and future research directions
- Visit an extensive number of exhibit booths featuring products and services specifically designed for professionals who study and treat pain.
What You Can Do
This meeting offers numerous educational and networking opportunities, including robust special events and cutting-edge science. At the Summit, you can
- Attend preconference sessions on topics such as the transition from acute to chronic pain, implementing an office-based multidisciplinary pain management practice, and the latest on improving clinical trials
- Meet colleagues of all disciplines and career stages in networking sessions scheduled throughout the Summit
- Choose the topics you most want to learn about and build your personal educational schedule from a number of impactful sessions
- Get actionable education, lasting connections, and a deeper understanding of pain all in one place.
The Scientific Summit is designed for basic scientists, nurses, pharmacists, physicians, psychologists, and other healthcare professionals who make up the interdisciplinary pain community. Generalists and specialists will benefit from a wide range of topics and faculty presenting basic, translational, and clinical research and treatment advancements.