Sex & Gender in Pain and Analgesia
Promote the importance of sex & gender-related issues in pain research and scientific and clinical interest in sex differences in pain and analgesic response.
- Increase awareness and promote education about SABV implementation in pain studies.
- Develop/endorse best practice guidelines for studying sex differences in pain and analgesia.
- Encourage basic and clinical research on how sex and gender affect pain mechanisms and all realms of its management.
- Provide a central information resource on these issues.
- Develop multidisciplinary discussion groups on subtopics of these issues.
- Foster collaborative information and idea sharing on sex and gender-related pain research between basic and clinical scientists.
- Facilitate the development of integrated research projects on relevant topics.
Chair: Carolina Beraldo Meloto, DDS PhD
Co-Chair: Samar Khoury, PhD
Membership in the Sex & Gender SIG allows you the benefit of participating in an APS sponsored Listserv. This forum offers community members an exchange for sharing best practices, asking questions, offering helpful information, and networking. To post a message to all members, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind that you can only send messages to the listserv from the e-mail address you provided in your member profile. If you are having difficulties using this listserv, please e-mail the APS Listserv Administrator at email@example.com.
APS 2018 Scientific Summit
Mark your Calendars: 2018 Scientific Summit
March 4-6, 2018
Basic Science | Clinical Trials | Complementary and Alternative Medicine | Ethics | Genetics and Pain | Geriatric Pain | Measurement of Pain and Its Impact | Nursing | Pain and Disparities | Pain Education | Pain in Infants, Children, and Adolescents | Pain Rehabilitation | Palliative Care | Pharmacotherapy | Primary Care | Psychosocial Research | Pain in Sickle Cell Disease | VA/DoD