This SIG will expand the focus on headache within APS and seek to increase membership by those interested in headache. It will encompass interest in any disorder falling under the umbrella term headache including but not limited to migraine, cluster headache, tension-type headache, chronic daily headache, medication-overuse headache etc.
- recruit new members into APS whose focus/specialty is headache;
- provide a venue for discussion of headache-related issues among APS membership;
- ensure that headache topics are well represented at annual APS meetings, ideally including at least one basic and one clinical headache session per meeting;
- advocate for headache-specific funding opportunities within APS;
- raise awareness among APS members of headache funding outside of the Society; and
- serve as a liaison to headache-specific societies such as the American Headache Society and International Headache Society
- Chair: Gregory Dussor, PhD
Behavioral and Brain Sciences
The University of Texas at Dallas
- Co-Chair: Andy Russo, PhD
Dept of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
University of Iowa
Save the Date
2019 Scientific Meeting
Membership in the Headache SIG allows you the benefit of participating in an APS sponsored Listserv. This forum offers community members an exchange for sharing best practices, asking questions, offering helpful information, and networking. To post a message to all members, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please keep in mind that you can only send messages to the listserv from the e-mail address you provided in your member profile. If you are having difficulties using this listserv, please e-mail the APS Listserv Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APS 2018 Scientific Summit
Mark your Calendars: 2018 Scientific Summit
March 4-6, 2018
Basic Science | Clinical Trials | Complementary and Alternative Medicine | Ethics | Genetics and Pain | Geriatric Pain | Measurement of Pain and Its Impact | VA/DoD | Nursing | Pain and Disparities | Pain Education | Pain in Infants, Children, and Adolescents | Pain Rehabilitation | Palliative Care | Pharmacotherapy | Primary Care | Psychosocial Research | Pain in Sickle Cell Disease