APS Early Career Opportunities
Early Career Advisory Group
The Early Career Advisory Group is a newly established resource for early career members of APS. The purpose of the group is to engage early career members (e.g., graduate students, post docs, residents, fellows, and recent graduates/junior faculty) and advocate for their professional needs within the broader organization.
The responsibilities of the group include: providing insight and guidance to the Board of Directors to ensure that APS is reflective of and relevant to early career members; being involved with planning and execution of the Early Career Forum at the APS Annual Scientific Meeting; and identifying opportunities for the professional development and cultivation of future leaders in pain research, education, treatment and advocacy.
Currently, the Early Career Advisory Group is working towards promoting and increasing engagement of early career members in APS activities through
- expanding activities for early career members during the 2016 Annual Meeting (e.g., Early Career Networking Lounge and Early Career Posters session)
- planning the Early Career Forum
- providing input to the Clinical Resources and Guidelines Committee on resources relevant to early career professionals
- expanding the new APS Early Career web page
- developing APS Early Career presence of social media
- highlighting the work of early career members.
- Meet the Early Career Advisory Group
- Get your research funded
- Facebook - if posting outside of the group use #APSEarlyCareer for relevant topics and discussions
- Twitter - use #APSEarlyCareer for relevant topics and discussions
- Pain Research Forum
- Find a job