You are invited to attend the 4th annual APS-CAT Preconference!
By Neil Singla, MD
Lotus Clinical Research®, LLC | APS Clinical Trials SIG Chair
Over the past three years, support from the Clinical Trials SIG and conference attendees has grown the Conference on Analgesic Trials pre-conference (APS-CAT) and webinar series. So, APS and the SIG are pleased to announce the 4th Annual APS-CAT pre-conference will take place once again on Wednesday, April 3, on day one of the APS Scientific Meeting in Milwaukee, WI.
APS-CAT is a forum for researchers from industry, academia and regulatory bodies to share ideas and disseminate the latest best practices in the design and conduct of clinical trials in pain. In past years we’ve had up to 200 attendees come together to hear presentations from thought leaders in the field and participate in open Q & A. The theme of this year’s APS-CAT is Accelerating Development of Non-Opioid Pain Medicines. This year’s speaker list includes:
- Michael Oshinsky, MD (Program Director, Pain and Migraine, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health)
- Robert Dworkin, PhD (Professor of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Neurology, and Psychiatry, University of Rochester Director, ACTTION public-private partnership with the FDA)
- Neil Singla, MD CEO, (Lotus Clinical Research)
- Lee Simon, MD (Principal, SDG, LLC Former Director, FDA Division of Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory and Ophthalmologic Drug Products)
- Nathaniel Katz, MD (CEO, Analgesic Solutions)
- William Schmidt, PhD (President, NorthStar Consulting)
Additionally, key drug development executives will be discussing scientific, business and regulatory concerns inherent to rapid development of non-opioid pain medications:
- Barry Quart, Pharm. D. CEO, Heron Therapeutics
- Scott Kelley, MD CMO, Flexion Therapeutics
- James Campbell, MD President and CSO, Centrexion Therapeutics
Please save the date and register today. I hope you can join us on April 3 in Milwaukee!