Natural Approaches to Chronic Pain
The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) will hold a seminar, "Natural Approaches to Chronic Pain," on Saturday, April 29 from 8 am-2 pm at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
The seminar will provide insight into the ways chronic pain can be alleviated through natural, non-toxic, non-invasive therapies as a necessary, cost-effective alternative to opioids. We will:
- Highlight the evidence basis for integrative therapies as an effective treatment for chronic pain
- Showcase the experience of integrative physicians in those treatments
- Build support for policy changes intended to reduce patients' reliance on opioids
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lt-Gen. Eric Schoomaker, MD, former Army Surgeon General
- Col. Chester (Trip) Buckenmaier III, MD, Program Director and Principal Investigator, Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management
- Wendy Weber, ND, PhD, MPH, Branch Chief, Division of Extramural Research at the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Robert Twillman, PhD, Executive Director of the Academy of Integrative Pain Management
- Klee Bethel, MD, Medical Director of the Pain Relief Center at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bill Walter, ND, primary care physician at the Federally Qualified Health Center in Lane County (Eugene OR), who combines primary care, natural medicine, and behavioral health perspectives
Visit http://www.naturopathic.org/chronicpainseminar2017 for more information.